News, Politics, Sport, Music, Business, Love and Life

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

You fed me with your love


I was but a bud
On a spindly branch
Waiting for my latent powers
To break free...
Then from nowhere
Or at least so it seemed,
you appeared
and started
to take care of me
and care about me
Like a chameleon
you changed.
you would be the sun when warmth
was what I needed
As I became thirsty
for nourishment
you became my rain.
You nurtured me
and I blossomed.
You protected me
from frosty thoughts
and words, that
I sometimes heard
and I hurt.
You made me warm
and I smiled.
you dried my tears
with your love.
Whilst feathered
beings
were learning to fly
and had to seek
nourriture
You fed me with your love.
you beckoned for the sun to shine.
Some might say
I am full grown
My petals full blown
and yet when darkness falls
with the speed of light
You ARE THERE FOR ME

No comments: