News, Politics, Sport, Music, Business, Love and Life

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Take my heart


Upon the walls of thine heart I touch
with the living petals of mine olive
that its oily stars upon thee shine much
that its saintly fruits, glory to you arrive!

Here is the olive branch
I plucked it off mine heart
here is my olive branch
accept it right in thy heart!
till thy heart and plant it -
watch it, water it; weed it,
nip it, nest it; nurse it;
most of all harvest it
and let it be mine,
and I will be thine!



By Chigbu Uchendu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST GOT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS POEM TODAY AND LOOKING AT IT AND READING IT THROUGH SAYS A LOT OF THINGS TO MY SOUL

Anonymous said...

Lovely work, beautiful piece of poetry. Just good for a true loving heart like me

Anonymous said...

personally i love all your work and this is no different..beautiful write...i look forward to reading more...