News, Politics, Sport, Music, Business, Love and Life

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

When You Were Gone

My friend you were gone so long
I thought you'd never return
I was missing your sweet song
For your presence I did yearn

Being with you makes time fly
I forget my every care
Though I dread the next "Good-bye"
I cherish the time we share

I'm joyful when you are here
My songs reflect it well
My heart races when you're near
Wondering if you can tell

So often we've stayed up late
Laughing and singing into the night
Hours and Hours for you I'd wait
In your company I delight

I value the friendship that has grown
I hope you know it's true
When you are gone I'm so alone
I ache from missing you

Don't say it's time for you to leave
Please won't you stay with me
In your absence I will grieve
Until together we can be

No comments: